Who we are...
Bamboodha was founded by Thierry Brusa in 2011, after he discovered the advantages of bamboo products, and the significant environmental benefits of utilising this crop for the creation of textiles.
By engaging in commerce that delivers a high quality product to consumers, whilst utilising a natural resource and actively engaging in minimal impact practices that contribute towards the health of the planet, Bamboodha is attempting to live by the motto:
" Be the change you wish to see in the world" (Gandhi).
Our philosophy is to do business with integrity, acknowledging that we are all interconnected.
Bamboodha is committed to all areas of our business reflecting our values and ethics:
- We source high quality, chemical free, bamboo fabrics for all our products
- By choosing bamboo, we minimise the amount of chemicals ending up in our environment and ground-water, by utilising a crop which does not require chemicals to grow
- When possible, Bamboodha uses manufacturers who are certified by the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, which is a globally uniform testing and certification system for textiles, ensuring products are free from harmful substances.
- We are comitted to donating a percentage of all our sales to the preservation of the environment, and have pledged our committment to "1% for the Planet".
- All Bamboodha products come wrapped in 100% recycled paper and raffia... re-use them or throw them on the compost when you are done!
- We use 100% recycled paper for all our printing/invoices etc.
- All business cards are 100% recycled and printed with vegetable ink.
- For all our Markets we use brown paper bags instead of plastic ones.
- And last, but not least, we are committed to upholding a high level of customer service and affordable prices for our customers.
As part of our commitment to "1% for the Planet", we have chosen to support Sea Shepherd, because we think that their radical action as part of their mission to conserve and protect species and ecosystems, is an inspiration. http://www.seashepherd.org/
For more information on Baby Towels, Bamboo Men's Underwear, Bamboo Boxers, Bamboo Towels, Bamboo T-Shirts or Bamboo Underwear contact Bamboodha today!